21 January 2008

Knit & Crochet

Well I just got done watching a knitting and crochet show on PBS. Now I am listening to "The Dark Tower II" by Stephen King. I found that the first book was very good so I decided to listen to the series. I have decided to start knitting a sweater again, it is going slow, I have to read the pattern correctly before I can sew it together. It will be a Christmas present for a friend. I have a lot of slippers or booties to make for everyone and I got some new yarn last night, black, light grey, and dark grey worsted weight wool-ease. I am not sure what I am going to make out of it, I am thinking about a hat and gloves and a scarf. Who to give them to I do not know yet.
So I am knitting a sweater, booties, and a potholder, and crocheting a blanket. The booties are almost done so then I will have to start a new and a different pattern. Everyone I know wants some booties. I think I will use up my sock yarn on them.That way I can get rid of it, to replace it with something new. Well I am having a hard time with the knit 2, purl 3 rib. I have had to frog it 9 times to get it to line up right. The wife found the pattern for the sweater in one of my knitting magazines, and said that I should give it a try. The magazine is Knit.1 issue spring /summer2005 and it is pattern 22, for those of you that want to follow along. so the pattern in the book calls for a different yarn than the one I am using I tried to make the pattern before but it did not come out right the sleeve hole for the arm was not as big as the arm hole for the front and back of the sweater.

No comments: